general high-level discussion about spectrum
* Puck is doing a talk at the Qubes OS summit tomorrow
@ 2022-09-08 22:24 Alyssa Ross
From: Alyssa Ross @ 2022-09-08 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss; +Cc: Puck Meerburg

The Qubes OS summit will be held in Berlin from tomorrow (Friday) until
Sunday.  I'll be attending, and Puck will be giving a talk at 15:20
tomorrow.

Puck's talk is called "Isolating GUIs with the power of Wayland", and
the abstract is:

	Could Qubes OS replace its custom GUI isolation protocol with
        Wayland while staying as performant and secure? With the advent
        of Wayland, many strides have been made in the desktop Linux
        space, limiting the effects a malicious application can
        have. Gone are the days of every application being able to snoop
        every keypress! This presentation will dive into the differences
        between X and Wayland, and why it makes for a great fit in
        isolating operating systems like Qubes OS and Spectrum.

The talk will be live streamed at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_djHbyjuJvhVjfT18nyqmQ

iCalendar file for the talk:
https://cfp.3mdeb.com/qubes-os-summit-2022/talk/ZY8KHW.ics

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Puck is doing a talk at the Qubes OS summit tomorrow
@ 2022-09-08 22:33 ` Alyssa Ross
From: Alyssa Ross @ 2022-09-08 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss; +Cc: Puck Meerburg

On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 10:24:04PM +0000, Alyssa Ross wrote:
> The Qubes OS summit will be held in Berlin from tomorrow (Friday) until
> Sunday.  I'll be attending, and Puck will be giving a talk at 15:20
> tomorrow.

To clarify, that's 15:20 Berlin time (CEST), 13:20 UTC.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Puck's talk starts in 10 minutes
@ 2022-09-09 13:09 ` Alyssa Ross
From: Alyssa Ross @ 2022-09-09 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)