patches and low-level development discussion
* virtio-wl on AMD graphics
@ 2021-04-01 10:46 Jamie McClymont
From: Jamie McClymont @ 2021-04-01 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devel

Hello

If anyone else has struggled with sepectrum-vm on AMD graphics, where the "child virtio-pci (virtio-wl)" process dies without a descriptive error, I believe the issue is fixed here: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/+/2570453/2/seccomp/x86_64/video_device.policy

It doesn't cleanly apply (I assume the seccomp policies have been shuffled between files), but --disable-sandbox is there as a functioning workaround :)

Does anyone have a branch where the chromium-os upstream-info is more up to date? I can have a go myself, but didn't want to duplicate effort :)

Thanks
- Jamie McClymont

--

P.S. an introduction: Hi everyone!

I have just started a new job where VM isolation is necessary, and have been hoping for a way to get integrated window management across VM boundaries - it looks like this is clearly the ideal approach, and I'm already a NixOS user, so am keen to contribute :)

* Re: virtio-wl on AMD graphics
@ 2021-04-01 22:56 ` Alyssa Ross
From: Alyssa Ross @ 2021-04-01 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamie McClymont, devel